Begin your journey in leadership and organizational development today!
Institute Host Overview
To clarify roles and needs, we provide all of our Institute Hosts with a list of responsibilities for DJA and for the Client.
As the sponsoring institution, Institute Hosts will provide:
- A roster of all participants as an Excel spreadsheet, at least 10 business days before the first day of the event. The roster should include for each participant
- Email address
- Home Institution
- Lodging options near the event location for the DJA facilitator team
- An appropriately sized meeting room for the Institute, preferably the same space for the entire duration
- For LMSI 2 specifically, two additional breakout rooms (beyond the main meeting room) are required on the afternoon of Day 2 from 1pm to 4pm. These rooms should be within brief walking distance, but not in line of sight or earshot.
- Sufficient round or square tables for all participants. Each table should seat 5 or 6 people comfortably with no one facing away from the front of the room.
- At least one rectangular table toward the front of the room for facilitators.
- A laptop with a USB port and connection to projector
- A projector (ideally HDMI) and screen.
- Two handheld or lavalier microphones for facilitators, plus at least one handheld microphone for participants.
- Either sufficient battery supplies to last the full Institute, or tech support with access to batteries.
- 3 flipchart easels and 6 flipchart pads
- Continental breakfast in or near the meeting room each morning, to be available 30 minutes prior to the agenda start time.
- Lunch in or near the meeting room available by 12pm each day.
- Afternoon breaks in or near the meeting room each day by approximately 2:15pm. This should include regular and decaf coffee, tea, water, juice, and/or soda, and a light snack (such as cookies, brownies, fruit).
DeEtta Jones and Associates will provide:
- A program overview by email to participants (cc on-site contacts) approximately 5 business days before the first day of the event
- Specifically designed workbooks for all participants
- Additional workshop materials and supplies: markers, name tags, pens, drafting dots, etc.
- Instruments / Self-assessments (LMSI I: The Manager)
- A program wrap-up email and evaluation questionnaire to participants on the last day of the Institute
- An evaluation summary to the Institute Host
- Invoice for services rendered
We’ve gathered a list of some common questions we’re asked about our Library Management Skills Institute (LMSI) workshops. If you still have questions beyond these, please contact us at [email protected]